Tangy Tuna Salad
This tuna salad gets its bright flavor from two good-for-you ingredients: Greek yogurt and shredded apple.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) solid light tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 stalk celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- Whole-wheat bread, red onion, cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts, for serving
Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, and lemon zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. Stir in tuna, celery, and apple. Serve with bread, onion, cucumber, and sprouts.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2012