Cornmeal-Crusted Trout with Cucumber-Radish Salad
Put on a better-for-you fish fry -- featuring cornmeal-crusted trout and a cool salad -- and still have cash to spare!
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 4 boneless trout fillets (1 pound total), patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced and 1/2 cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
Season fish with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon yogurt on flesh side of each fillet. Press yogurt side of fillets into cornmeal to coat.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add 2 fillets to pan, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes; flip and cook until golden brown, 3 minutes more. Transfer fish to paper towels to drain, wipe pan clean, and repeat with remaining oil and fish, reducing heat if necessary.
Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup dill, and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Combine cucumber, radishes, and remaining dill. Season dressing and salad with salt and pepper. Serve alongside fish with lemon wedges.