Ramen Soup with Vegetables
Improve on the typical ramen soup by adding your own fresh veggies and seasonings.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced medium
- 2 carrots, diced medium
- 1 stalk celery, diced medium
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen, broken into quarters (seasoning packet discarded)
In a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion, carrots, celery, and green beans and saute until soft, 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, broth, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Add ramen, reduce heat, and simmer until noodles are tender, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.