In this tasty alternative to pizza, a puff-pastry square is topped with garlicky broccoli florets and tangy Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano (2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out puff pastry to a 12-inch square; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a paring knife, lightly score pastry 1/2 inch from edges, creating a border. Toss together broccoli, oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Scatter broccoli mixture evenly on pastry and sprinkle with Pecorino. Bake until pastry is deep golden and puffed, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.