Lemony Braised Broccoli
Don't toss broccoli stalks! If you peel and thinly slice them, you can cook them the way you do florets.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 wide strips lemon zest, plus wedges for serving
- Salt and pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and saute until golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, coriander, and red-pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add broccoli, lemon zest, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Cook until fork-tender, 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.