Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan Croutons
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 1/2 baguette, cubed (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together bread, 1 tablespoon oil, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and toasted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions; add broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil and garlic to pot and cook until garlic is fragrant and lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta mixture; toss to combine, adding enough pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. To serve, sprinkle with croutons, lemon zest, and additional Parmesan if desired.