1 of 5
These very thin pancakes may be delicate, but they are surprisingly easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. Using a blender ensures a smooth crepe batter that has the consistency of heavy cream. If not using immediately, stack cooked, cooled crepes with wax paper and refrigerate, up to 3 days.
As for the fillings, let your refrigerator, pantry, and even leftovers be your guide, then fold or roll your way to an array of breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert options. For the simplest filling, top a warm crepe with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar.
2 of 5
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 of 5
Steps 1 and 2
In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and butter.
Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds. Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 day; whisk before using).
4 of 5
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly coat with butter. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
5 of 5
Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with butter as needed.)
For more ideas on jazzing up crepes, see our recipes:
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
How to Make CrepesReplay
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Decorate with Brass
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- A Blueprint for Color
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- The Barest Simmer
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions