1 of 5
These very thin pancakes may be delicate, but they are surprisingly easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. Using a blender ensures a smooth crepe batter that has the consistency of heavy cream. If not using immediately, stack cooked, cooled crepes with wax paper and refrigerate, up to 3 days.
As for the fillings, let your refrigerator, pantry, and even leftovers be your guide, then fold or roll your way to an array of breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert options. For the simplest filling, top a warm crepe with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar.
2 of 5
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 of 5
Steps 1 and 2
In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and butter.
Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds. Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 day; whisk before using).
4 of 5
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly coat with butter. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
5 of 5
Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with butter as needed.)
For more ideas on jazzing up crepes, see our recipes:
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
How to Make CrepesReplay
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Bedroom Organizers
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Embroidery Projects
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Roast Chicken 101