Tools and Materials
- Paper: 8 1/2-by-11-inch presentation matte (No. S041062), from epson.com
- Similar glassine: German tissue paper in red (No. 737905) and Light Blue (No. 737914), from Kate's Paperie
- 5 1/2-by-3 1/2-by-1-inch cardboard box in cocoa (No. 53), from Liberty Display and Supply
- Bone folder
- Double-sided tape
- Chocolate-dipped caramallows
- Penuche fudge
- Red clip-art wrapping paper
- Blue-green clip-art wrapping paper
- Baker's twine
Penuche Fudge and Chocolate-Dipped Caramallows Packaging How-To
1. To create box liner, cut a 5 1/4-by-7 3/8-inch rectangle from red glassine. Place it vertically on a work surface. Using a bone folder and a straightedge and starting at short end, score it at 1 inch, 1 inch, 3 3/8 inch, 1 inch, and 1 inch.
2. To create box divider insert, cut a 13 1/4-by-3 3/8-inch strip from red glassine. Place it horizontally on a work surface. Starting at left short end, score it at 1 inch, 1 inch, and 1 3/4 inch. Repeat twice, then score at 1 inch and 1 inch. Fold along scores, as shown.
3. Place the liner inside a 5 1/2-by-3 1/2-by-1-inch cardboard box, tucking the liner's folded edges inside. Then, nestle the divider inside the box. Add the penuche and caramallows in a checkerboard pattern.
4. Using an ink-jet printer, print the clip-art wrapping paper in desired color (blue-green or red) on 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper. Trim off white border. Wrap the box, securing with double-sided tape. Attach an inscribed gift tag with a length of bakers' twine.