Tools and Materials
- Cardboard cylinders (such as a paper-towel tube)
- 22-gauge floral wire (63400222), by Panacea, from createforless.com
- Aluminum foil
- Cheesecloth, (DCEA001), by Dritz, from Joann Fabric and Craft Stores
- Liquid starch (20464), by Faultless, from Agelong Brands, agelong.com
Mini Cheesecloth Ghosts How-To
1. Build a mold for the body first. Cut several 1/2-inch-deep slits into one end of a cardboard cylinder, such as paper-towel tube; fan flaps out and tape to work surface so tube stands upright.
Near top of tube, make a small hole on each side; push a wire (of about the same length as the cylinder) through holes. Bend wire into outstretched arms. Top cylinder with a crumpled aluminum-foil ball, for the head.
2. Cut cheesecloth into strips (about six per ghost). Saturate the strips in liquid starch and drape over mold in various directions to cover completely. When cheesecloth dries, carefully lift ghost off mold.
Learn How to Make a Bigger Cheesecloth Ghost