Tools and Materials
- Card stock
- Bone folder
- Craft glue
- Five 14-inch lengths of 1/4-inch-wide ribbon
- Two 7-inch lengths of same ribbon
- Mini paper fastener
- Fabric glue
Candy Holder Ornament How-To
1. Photocopy template onto card stock; cut along solid lines. Score along dotted lines using a ruler and bone folder. Fold inward along innermost lines to form basket's sides; fold outward along outer lines to create a rim. Overlap sides slightly, and secure by applying craft glue with a paintbrush; hold until set. Brush glue on outside of basket. Working over a bowl, spoon glitter over glue, covering completely. Let dry; repeat on inside.
2. When basket is dry, lay it facedown, and crisscross three 14-inch lengths of 1/4-inch-wide ribbon. Attach ribbons to basket at center with a mini paper fastener. With same kind of ribbon, make two 2 1/4-inch long tuxedo bows. Fold ends of one piece of ribbon in toward the center, overlapping to form a loop; secure with fabric glue. Flatten at center and secure with fabric glue. Cover center with a second piece of another 7-inch strip of ribbon for hanging the ornament.
3. Turn basket right side up, and gather ribbon ends together so they lay flat against each other at the top of a triangle. Cut off any excess, and then dab fabric glue along top of cut ends to secure; hold until it sets. Glue the inner side of each end of the hanging-ribbon strip to one flat side of the gathered cut ends, making a loop. Glue tuxedo bow to each side to conceal ribbon ends. Fill basket with candy.