Tools and Materials
- Seam binding in 3 colors
- White cake stand
- Double-sided tape
- 14-inch wreath form
Seam-Binding Cake-Stand Skirt and Chandelier How-To
1. Cut lengths of seam binding in 3 colors. Each length should be long enough to hang over both sides of the cake stand.
2. Apply double-sided tape around edge of cake stand. Drape seam binding across cake stand, pressing onto tape. Alternate colors, overlapping pieces at center.
Tip: Cut ends of seam binding at an angle to prevent fraying.
3. Wrap seam binding around a 14-inch wreath form to cover the surface of the form, and knot to secure. Repeat with more seam binding until the form is completely covered.
4. Cut lengths of seam binding (about 20 inches each) in 3 colors.
5. Tie pieces around the wreath form at their midpoints.
6. To hang: Cut 4 lengths (about 15 inches each) of seam binding. Tie at 4 points around wreath form, and knot at top. Hang the decoration from the knot.