Tools and Materials
- Cornucopia basket, deandeluca.com
- Metallic spray paint
- Tape measure
- Fabric, such as silvered linen, nyelegant.com
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread
Shimmery Lined Cornucopia How-To
1. Coat cornucopia lightly with spray paint; let dry.
2. Cut out a fabric rectangle on the bias: The width should be 3 inches longer than the length of the cornucopia at its longest point, not including the upturned end; the length should be 1 inch longer than the circumference of the cornucopia's opening.
3. Fold fabric, right side up, so short sides meet; pin together along that edge.
4. Stitch where pinned, with 1/2-inch seam allowance. With doubled thread and running stitches, sew along 1 end; pull thread to cinch fabric closed, and stitch to secure.
5. Turn liner right side out, and place liner in cornucopia; secure cinched end inside tip of basket with a few back stitches.
6. Fold excess fabric over the rim. Turn edges under 1/2 inch, and pin. With doubled thread and slip stitches, sew hem, pulling thread through basket every couple of stitches to secure.