Tools and Materials
- Eggs (For varying sizes, try chicken, quail, and goose eggs). For pre-blown eggs, visit lavendervalleyfarm.com
- Powdered glitter in assorted colors, including gold for sparkle, available from Michaels or the Martha Stewart Shop
- Egg blower (available at crafts stores) or rubber ear syringe (available at drugstores)
- Craft glue
- Wax paper
- Bowls and spoons (for glitter)
Glittered Eggs How-To
1. First, blow out eggs. Working over a bowl, pierce one end of a raw egg with a pin. Pierce other end, and use pin to enlarge hole slightly and break yolk. With your mouth or an egg blower, blow into smaller hole, forcing contents of egg through larger hole into bowl. Rinse inside of egg thoroughly; let dry.
2. Brush craft glue onto egg. Gently set in bowl of glitter. Spoon glitter over egg, covering entire surface. Remove from bowl; set on wax paper to dry for 1 hour.
3. For an elegant statement, you can display glittered eggs in a glass hurricane. We set ours in front of a romantic "antique" mirror.