Tools and Materials
- Organic cotton yarn: Pakucho Sport, from Purl Soho
- 2-inch Styrofoam ball
- Needle and black thread
Braided Octopus Doll Craft How-To
1. Gather supplies: A skein of yarn, scissors, and a 2-inch Styrofoam ball.
2. Untwist skein of yarn; use 1 strand to cinch its center. Place on a 2-inch Styrofoam ball.
3. Spread the yarn over the ball. Tie another strand beneath the ball. Cut through bottom loops of yarn, creating a tassel.
4. Divide strands into 8 sections; braid each, and tie ends. Trim legs to even. With black thread, sew eyes on the head by stitching over 3 or 4 pieces of yarn.