Tools and Materials
- Butterfly craft punches, in 2 sizes: Large Monarch butterfly punch, and Classic butterfly punch, both by Martha Stewart Crafts, from Michaels
- Text-weight paper, in different colors: Astrobright text paper, in Re-Entry Red, and matte text paper, in Peony and Firecracker Red, all from paperpresentation.com
- Floral wire (or another sturdy, thin wire)
- Double-sided tape
Paper Butterflies How-To
1. Using the craft punches and paper, cut out several butterfly shapes.
2. Cut 10-inch lengths of wire. With a small piece of tape, secure the tip of 1 wire to the back of 1 butterfly. Repeat to attach wires to more butterflies. Stick any remaining butterflies to the edges of pails using bits of tape.