Creamy Garlic, Parsley, and Feta Dressing
We suggest pairing this garlicky dressing with mixed greens such as Boston lettuce and watercress, or drizzling it over grilled tofu or chicken for a light yet satisfying meal. If you prefer a milder dressing, cut back the garlic to two teaspoons. Recipe adapted from Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 14
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Photography: Andrew McCaul
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (3 medium garlic cloves)
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Puree parsley, water, and garlic in a blender until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until just combined. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 week.
Use a combination of Greek yogurt and olive oil -- rather than mayonnaise or sour cream -- to add richness to dressings and dips.