If you're mailing these or hope to keep them a little while before giving, wrap the box base in clear cellophane before sliding on the sleeve. One batch of pecan clusters will fill four boxes.
Tools and Materials
- Pecan Clusters
- Paper: 8 1/2-by-11-inch premium presentation matte (No. S041257), fromEpson
- Box in glossy white (No. 85), fromLiberty Display and Supply
- Tissue paper: 27 1/2-by-39-inch Fabriano Tiziano Rosso Fiere (No. 41), fromNew York Central Art Supply
- Pisa baking cups in red (No. 450C), fromViking Importing
- Clip-art labels
Pecan Cluster Packaging How-To
1. To create the sleeve, cut an 8-by-14-inch strip from red card stock. Place it horizontally on a work surface. Using a bone folder and a straightedge and starting from short end, score it at 5 1/2 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 5 1/2 inch, 1 1/4 inch, and 1/2 inch.
2. Wrap the sleeve around the base of a 5 1/2-by-8-by-1 1/4-inch gift box, overlapping the ends. Secure with double-sided tape. Reserve box lid for another use.
3. Using an ink-jet printer, print the clip-art labels onto 8 1/2-by-11-inch heavyweight paper. Score the labels according to lines on printout. On a self-healing cutting mat, use a craft knife to trim labels.
4. Remove base from sleeve, and cut a piece of decorative tissue paper to fit inside base. Place pecan clusters nested in paper candy cups inside base. Slide on sleeve. Wrap a label around the red sleeve and base, as shown, securing to sleeve with double-sided tape.