Tools and Materials
- Soy wax (#112138), Yaley Candle, yaley.com
- Votive glasses, from Ikea
- Wax color chips
- Essential oils (for 3 cups of wax, you'll need 40 drops), 1 oz. each, Majestic Mountain Sage, thesage.com
- Small pipettes, (#108-2401), Majestic Mountain Sage, thesage.com
- Small braided wick, (12R, #120473), Yaley Candle, yaley.com
- Metal wick clips, (#110517), 15 mm, Yaley Candle, yaley.com
- Small wooden skewers
- Clip-art labels and partition templates
- Optional: Crystal Clear Pop & Lock boxes, (PLB138), from clearbags.com
Scented Soy Votive Candles How-To
1. To determine the quantity of soy wax you will need, fill votive glass with water and measure that volume. Melt wax in a microwave, following package instructions. Add wax color chips, stirring to melt and blend, until desired color is achieved. For scent, add essential oils to wax (for 3 cups of wax, you'll need about 40 drops); stir to blend.
2. Set the wick in place: Thread a length of braided wick through a metal wick tab, then "glue" it to the bottom of the glass with a dab of melted wax. Tie wick to a skewer resting atop the glass, so it stays taut and centered. Using a funnel, pour wax into each glass, running the wax over the wick to coat it. Let wax dry and harden thoroughly. If surface dips, fill in with extra wax. Trim the wick to 1/4 inch.