White Sangria with Cherries and Nectarines
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: Frederic Lagrange
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar â€©
- 6 slices (1/8 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 4 ounces vodka
- 10 ounces cherries, pitted and halved (2 cups)
- 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 bottles (750 mL each) dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove syrup from heat, and let cool.
Combine syrup and ginger, and muddle. Add vodka, cherries, and nectarines. Let macerate at least 3 hours at room temperature or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
Add wine, and stir. Serve over ice.