Vellum Halloween Table Lanterns
When the sun goes down, set a spooky scene with these dramatic lanterns made from simple supplies and our exclusive clip-art designs. You can also get our how-to for Hanging Vellum Halloween Lanterns
- Cutting mat and ruler
- 24-by-36-inch heavy black paper
- Bone folder and craft knife (marthastewartcrafts.com)
- Orange vellum (papermojo.com)
- Adhesive glue tape (save-oncrafts.com) or double-sided tape
- Templates and clip art: moon, cat 1, cat 2, witch, or owl
Print and cut out a lantern template (see the second page of the cat 1, cat 2, or moon templates). Trace template four times, side by side, on black paper as shown (use 2 sheets if needed); with a bone folder, crease where sides meet. Cut out.
Print 4 copies of a design (try the owl, witch, cat, hissing cat, or moon; available above in the materials section) onto vellum; a laser printer works best. Cut each piece just larger than frame "windows." Tape vellum into frame. Trim the bottoms straight; tape edges.