Tools and Materials
- Heavy card stock
- Craft glue
- Bottled glue with a fine-tip applicator
- Hole puncher
- Silver twine
- Thin ribbon bows (optional)
- Hot glue (optional)
Glittered Paper Cutout Ornaments How-To
1. Trace a template (see Tools and Materials) onto heavy card stock, and then cut out shape.
2. For one-color ornaments, such as the dove, use a small paintbrush to apply craft glue to one side. Sprinkle with glitter; working over a bowl, shake off excess. Let dry; repeat on opposite side to keep paper from warping.
3. For multiple colors or details, such as on the ice skate, create designs using glue in a bottle with a fine-tip applicator, then sprinkle on glitter, and shake off excess. (Work on one small section at a time so glue doesn't dry before glitter is applied.) Apply other colors of glitter after each layer dries.
4. To attach thin ribbon bows to "gift" ornament, squeeze a line of glue over glitter; press ribbon into place, tucking cut ends under. To attach butterfly to scalloped background, apply hot glue to body; leave wings free. Bend wings upward once glue has dried. Punch a hole at top of each ornament, as indicated on template, thread with silver twine, add a bead, and tie to make a hanger.