Tools and Materials
- 2-by-3-foot striped woven throw rugs (use 2 for a large pillow, 1 for an envelope-style pillow)
- Carpet needle
- Heavy-duty all-purpose thread
- 2 standard bed pillows for large version, or 12-by-18-inch insert for envelope-style
Striped Rug Pillows How-To
1. For a large pillow: stack and pin together 2 throw rugs. Making 1/4-inch stitches, sew 3 sides by hand, leaving 1 short end open. Turn inside out (the fringe on sewn end will remain inside). Insert 2 bed pillows. Stitch end closed.
2. For an envelope-style pillow: lay throw rug flat. Fold one short side in, 12 inches from a fringed end. Making 1/4-inch stitches, sew the sides together by hand, forming a pocket. Insert a pillow. Fold the other fringed end over; stitch down corners to secure flap, but leave an opening for removing the pillow.