Tip: Choose maps from one location, or make a set mixed with local and overseas destinations.
Tools and Materials
- Cutting mat
- Round cork coasters, in Natural, from Crafts, Etc
- Craft knife
- Foam paintbrush
- Glue sealant, such as Mod Podge, from Plaid Craft Express
Map Coasters How-To
1. Place map on a cutting mat, printed side down, then place cork coaster on top.
2. Cut out circles from map by tracing coaster with craft knife.
3. Use brush to apply glue sealant to one side of coaster, covering completely. Adhere back of map circle to coaster, smoothing to remove bubbles.
4. Brush top and sides of coaster with a thin layer of glue sealant, and let dry. Repeat to make a set.