Tools and Materials
- Enough colored tissue paper to make 12 circles, each 3 1/2 inches wide
- One toothpick
- Utility knife
- Ribbon or string
- 3-by-3-inch transparent boxes, nycake.com
- Wrapping ribbon or holly (optional)
Tissue-Star Christmas Ornament How-To
1. Print the tissue-star ornament template.
2. Select 12 sheets of colored tissue paper to place under template.
3. Cut outline of template and slits using a utility knife.
4. Remove template, leaving the top sheet of tissue.
5. Lay pencil flat, with the point lined up with the middle of the outside of the wedge shape, shown here. Roll the pencil until wedge becomes a cone.
6. With a toothpick, place a drop of glue on the inside of the tissue to seal the cone. Repeat preceding steps with each wedge for all 12 sheets, then stack all tissue stars facing down. Using a needle and either embroidery thread or thin ribbon, sew stars together at center as if sewing a two-hole button.
7. Gently tighten string to make stars crumple up into a ball. Secure with a half knot, and then a double knot. Attach to a branch with hanging ribbon, or place in a box lined with tissue paper if offering as a gift.