Under 30 Minutes
We served these pancakes with crisp bacon and fresh blueberries.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, plus more, softened, for skillet and serving
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and oil. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches and adding more butter as needed, pour in 1/3 cup batter per pancake. Place 2 to 3 nectarine slices on top of each pancake. Cook until small bubbles form on surfaces and undersides are golden, about 3 minutes. Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve with butter and syrup.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2012