Tools and Materials
- Thick crepe paper in pink, red, or white (we used crepe paper in Light Pink (CR9), Gentle Pink (CR10), White (CR16), Dark Red (CR8), Pale Pink (CR27), and Light Pink (CR26), from Roze, similar from D. Blumchen & Co., 866-653-9627
- Acrylic paint in pink or red
- Small paintbrush
- Card stock
- Double-sided tape
Potted Amaryllis Gift Wrap How-To
1. Cut a band of crepe paper in desired color that is about 1 inch taller than the amaryllis pot and not quite long enough to wrap all the way around the pot (it will be stretched to fit later). Ours was a 6-inch-diameter pot, the size most amaryllis bulbs are sold in; we cut our paper to 6 by 14 1/2 inches.
2. Water down paint slightly until it's a bit runny. Stand crepe paper on its side, as shown. Using paintbrush, dab paint along top edge of crepe paper. Let dry. Repeat on opposite edge, and let dry.
3. Gently stretch crepe paper along painted edges, creating a ruffled appearance. Cut a band of card stock that is about 1/2 inch taller than the amaryllis pot and long enough to wrap around it with an overlap. Ours was 5 by 19 1/2 inches.
4. Wrap the card-stock cuff around the potted plant, and secure with double-sided tape. Gently stretch crepe paper at sides, and wrap it around card stock; secure at overlap with double-sided tape.
5. Wrap ribbon around crepe paper, and tie a bow. Tie a gift tag to stem of plant if desired.