Tools and Materials
- Paper-wrapped floral wire
- Dried sweetgum fruits, drynature.com
- Hot-glue gun
- White floral spray paint
- Straw wreath
- Satin ribbon
- Floral pins
Sweetgum-Fruit Wreath How-To
1. Cut floral wire into 2- to 3-inch-long pieces. For each sweetgum fruit, remove stem, dab hot glue into 1 opening, and insert 1 wire; let dry.
2. Coat sweetgum fruits and wreath with spray paint; let dry.
3. Push wire end of each fruit completely into wreath. (If pushing the wire in is difficult, pre-drill the wreath with a pointy object, such as a knitting needle.)
4. Attach ribbon to top with floral pins, for hanging.
5. To make this wreath as seen on "The Martha Stewart Show," spray some of the sweetgum fruit in different shades of gold floral paint; mix painted sweetgum with sweetgum fruit glittered in different shades of gold.