Harissa-Spiced Barbecue Sauce
Amp up your barbecue with some spicy harissa.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Photography: Frederic Lagrange
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- 2 1/3 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 to 2 tablespoons harissa (North African chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 20 to 30 minutes. Sauce can be refrigerated 1 day.