Tie these faux flowers in with crepe-paper napkin rings to personalize each place setting.
Tools and Materials
- Thick crepe paper in white, yellow, and green (we used White (CR16), Light Yellow (CR07), and Verdant Green (CR7), from Roze, and similar, from D. Blumchen & Co., 866-653-9627)
- Acrylic paint in pink or red
- Small paintbrush
- Cloth-covered floral wire in light green
- Floral tape in light green
Crepe-Paper Amaryllis How-To
1. Cut a piece of white crepe paper to 2 1/2-by-5 1/2 inches.
2. Water down paint slightly until it's a bit runny. Using paintbrush, paint 1 long side of crepe paper pink, as shown. Let dry.
3. Cut 6 petal shapes from painted portion of crepe paper, leaving a long tail end on each petal, as shown. Gently stretch petals to curve them.
4. Cut two 1/2-by-2-inch pieces of yellow crepe paper. Twist each piece into a long strand. Bend both pieces in half so that they form a narrow V shape.
5. Cut a 7-inch length of floral wire. Fold top few inches of wire over both the V shapes, as shown, and twist to secure.
6. Add petals: Using floral tape, attach long tail end of 1 petal to stem. Repeat process, taping 1 petal in place at a time, until bloom is formed. Cover flower stem completely with floral tape.
7. Cut 2 to 3 small leaf shapes from green crepe paper, as shown. Using floral tape, attach leaves to stem at base of flower.
8. Repeat to make another flower. Wrap flower stems together with floral tape.
9. Cut a 1 1/4-by-4 1/4-inch rectangle from green crepe paper. Cut a large leaf shape from green crepe paper that's slightly larger than rectangle.
10. Lay stem on rectangle. Run a glue stick along edge of rectangle, and wrap it lengthwise around stem, as shown. Attach large leaf at base of stem using glue stick. Write name of guest or gift recipient on leaf shape with a fine-tipped marker.