Deborah Olsen from C. J. Olsens Cherries sent Martha some beautiful stone fruit, so she made galettes.
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches or apricots, sliced 1/2 inch thick (4 3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (1/2 cup if using apricots)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 disk Pate Brisee
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sanding sugar (optional), for sprinkling
- Whipped cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then parchment. Stir together fruit, granulated sugar, lemon juice, salt, and cornstarch.
Roll out pate brisee into a 13-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to baking sheet. Arrange fruit in center, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over border to enclose fruit, leaving center open. Brush crust with egg, and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
Bake until golden brown and bubbling in center, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then slide galette on parchment onto a wire rack. Let cool completely. Serve with whipped cream.