Tools and Materials
- Single-faced velvet ribbon in shades of green and yellow
- White fabric-covered floral wire
- Craft glue
- Clear glitter
- Spray adhesive
- Silver balls
Glittered Faux Lemons and Velvet Leaves How-To
1. Cut rectangles (length twice as long as width) from single-faced velvet ribbon in shades of green and yellow.
2. Fold 1 rectangle in half lengthwise (velvet inside). Press with a dry iron.
3. Open rectangle, and lay velvet side down. Fold back corners to meet along fold; secure with craft glue.
4. Lay a piece of white fabric-covered floral wire (3 inches longer than leaf) along the fold on back of leaf; secure with craft glue.
5. Repeat to make more leaves (vary fold angles for different shapes).
6. Working on a covered surface, put clear glitter in a bowl.
7. Coat faux lemons with spray adhesive.
8. Roll lemons in glitter, spooning as needed over the top to distribute evenly. Let dry.