Tools and Materials
- Circular tissue fans, from Party Cheap
- Heavyweight paper
- Scallop scissors
- Hot glue and hot-glue gun
Tissue Fan Fireworks with Clip-Art Medallions How-To
1. To make a pendant smaller, trim the closed fan diagonally, near its unstapled end. (For the smallest pendants, you may want to remove some tissue layers so the fan will open fully.)
2. If adding a medallion, snip the closed fan along 1 edge of cardboard, cutting off 1 staple; this will create a flat center.
3. Set your printer's margins to zero (or as narrow as possible). Print medallions onto heavyweight paper. If using 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper, choose small medallion clip art; large medallion will work on 11-by-17-inch paper. Cut out each medallion with scallop scissors: Start by aligning scissor edge with cutting guide, and follow trajectory.
4. If you cut off a staple to make a flat center, pinch together the loose tissue at center, and secure with a dollop of hot glue; then attach medallion to center using hot glue. Hang pendant with monofilament.