Florists and crafts stores sell foam in a variety of shapes. We used a 12-inch-high foam cone with a 12-inch-high urn. Soaking the foam ensures that it will be saturated.
Tools and Materials
- Three 12-inch-high cones of floral foam
- Button chrysanthemums
- Fuzzy kangaroo paws (anigozanthos)
- Black urns (ours were 12 inches high)
- Floral cutters
Yellow Topiary Arrangement How-To
1. Soak a floral-foam cone in water overnight.
2. Press wide end of cone into a lined urn, just enough to stabilize foam. Cut stems of kangaroo paws at an angle, leaving about 1/2 inch of bare stem. Push stems into cone around base, forming a collar.
3. Cut stems of chrysanthemums and sunflowers at an angle to 2 inches or shorter. Press stems into foam, above kangaroo paws, until cone is covered. Spray flowers with water every other day.