Tools and Materials
- 18-inch manzanita branch (or use branch from yard)
- Glass dome and wooden base
- Spray paint (we used Krylon metallic spray paint in Caramel Latte)
- Name-tag templates
- Fine-tip pen
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Family curios and keepsakes
- Museum wax
Heirloom Family Tree in a Glass Dome How-To
1. Using saw, trim and prune branch to fit inside dome. Sand bottom of branch so it rests flat. Spray-paint, and let dry.
2. Determine spot on wooden base to anchor branch so dome fits over it. Mix epoxy, following package instructions, and adhere branch to base. Let dry completely, and cure.
3. Print the name-tag templates and write names and birth dates. Using craft knife, cut out name tags on mat.
4. Carefully position and hang family curios and keepsakes, starting with the name tag of the family member of your choice at the bottom and working up. Use small balls of museum wax to balance or anchor things in place and to attach tags. Cover with glass dome.