Tools and Materials
- Lightweight fabric (we used Indian cotton voile in green, from B&J Fabrics)
- Handkerchief linen (we used Soft Emerald, from Gray Linens Linen)
- Fusible webbing with paper backing, Steam-A-Seam 2 Lite (#5324), by the Warm Co., from Backdoor Quilt Shoppe
- Ginger-flower template
No-Sew Ginger Flower Curtains How-To
1. Cut 3 squares of lightweight fabric (ours were 26 inches square) and 3 same-size squares of fusible webbing with paper backing, for each of 2 curtain panels.
2. Lay 1 square of webbing, paper side up, on each fabric square. Iron to fuse, following webbing manufacturer's directions.
4. Cut out motifs as directed. Unfold them. Cut 2 motifs in half along diagonal.
5. Cut the third motif in quarters along diagonals. Lay 1 panel flat. Peel off paper backing from motifs, and arrange them, fabric side up, on panel using the photograph as a guide.
6. Iron motifs to fuse. Repeat on second panel.