Tools and Materials
For the Album Pages
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Photo-safe decorative paper, nycentralartsupply.com
- Photo album
- Card stock cut to desired size
- Archival-quality glue stick
For the Monogram
- Letter stencil, designerstencils.com
- Photo album
- Drafting or masking tape
- Matte medium
- 1-inch-wide foam paintbrush
- Metallic acrylic paint
Scrapbook with Style How-To
1. The Album-Page How-To: cut decorative paper to the same size as the album's pages.
2. Arrange photos and card stock labels on one of the decorative pages. Flip items over, and mark the corners as shown, 1/2 inch from corners.
3. Use those marks to determine where to cut slits in the decorative paper to insert the corners of photos and labels.
4. Apply glue stick to back of decorative paper, avoiding slits. Position on album page, and smooth to adhere.
5. Slide pictures and card stock labels into the slits cut into the decorative papers.
6. The Monogram How-To: position stencil (see Tools and Materials dropdown list, above) on album cover, and adhere with tape.
7. Apply matte medium to inside of stencil with foam paintbrush to prime (this will seal the fabric and prevent the paint from bleeding). Let dry for 2 minutes. Clean brush.
8. Stencil letter again, this time using metallic paint. Let dry, and remove stencil.