Tools and Materials
- Assorted menswear fabrics (such as wool suiting, cotton shirting, corduroy, and cotton velvet)
- Fusible webbing
- Sewing machine and sewing supplies
- Loop turner
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Mouse Template
Menswear Mouse Toy How-To
1. Print the pattern pieces, and cut out. Using the pattern as a guide, cut out 1 bottom piece and 1 side piece from the same or different fabric. Flip pattern, and cut out another side piece. For a tail, cut a 1-by-4-inch strip on the bias. For ears, adhere 2 different fabrics together using iron and fusible webbing, following manufacturer's instructions. Using pattern, cut out ears from fused fabric.
2. Fold tail in half lengthwise, right sides facing; stitch with a 1/4-inch seam allowance, leaving ends open. Turn tail right side out using loop turner. Pin body pieces together, right sides facing; stitch with a 1/4-inch seam allowance, leaving a 1-inch opening at the back.
3. Turn body right side out, and stuff with fill. Insert tail into opening; slip-stitch closed. Knot end of tail.
4. Fold ears in half, and attach to body with small hand stitches. Mark placement of eyes with pins, and then embroider eyes and nose using backstitches.