Select lightweight fabrics, such as voile or Indian cotton, and craft punches in any of several dozen petal shapes. Follow these instructions to make the card.
Tools and Materials
- Lightweight fabrics, such as voile or Indian cotton
- Tray Medium paintbrush
- Liquid fabric stiffener, at crafts stores
- Petal and leaf craft punches
- Craft glue
- Paper or blank premade cards
Fabric-Punched Mother's Day Card How-To
1. Begin by punching fabric flowers: Lay a piece of fabric in a shallow tray. With a paintbrush, apply enough fabric stiffener to saturate, but not soak, the fabric. Let it dry, about 1 hour. Repeat with any remaining fabric.
2. Using craft punches, punch out petals and leaves as close together on the fabric as possible.
3. Glue just the centers of leaves and flowers to a card, so their tips curl upward. Draw stems and a message by hand.