Learn how to make her glittery gold-star tree topper for your own evergreen.
Tools and Materials
- Single-thick chipboard (#13115-2222), 22-by-28 inches, from Blick Art Materials, dickblick.com
- Glass glitter, in gold, by Wendy Addison, fromtinseltrading.com
- Gold acrylic paint
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Flat dowel
- Bone folder
- Straight edge
- Hot-glue gun
- Star template
Martha's Glittered Star Tree Topper How-To
1. Cut out and fold stars: print the star template. Tape pages together; cut out shape. Trace template twice onto chipboard. Cut out stars with a craft knife on a cutting mat. Using a bone folder and a straight edge, score stars along dotted lines, front and back, connecting opposite points and indents. Fold at each point-to-point line using bone folder. Flip stars over; fold at each indent-to-indent line using bone folder.
2. Glue 1 star to chipboard: place 1 star on a piece of chipboard. Use your hand to maintain folded shape while applying hot glue along star's edges. Cut out backed star with craft knife, trimming excess glue along edge.
3. Attach flat dowel and second star: secure a flat dowel to star backing with hot glue. Set second star on top of backing. Working in sections, join edges with hot glue. Trim excess glue with craft knife.
4. Paint and glitter star: paint star and dowel with gold acrylic paint; let dry. Working in sections, coat star with craft glue. Sprinkle with gold glass glitter; let dry.