Tools and Materials
- Green acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- 3-inch round boxes (Michaels)
- Plain paper or tea-dyed paper
- Glue stick
For tea dyeing, if desired:
- Strong black tea
- Plastic bin
- Uncoated 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper
- Paper towels
Eyes of Newt Clip-Art Favor Boxes How-To
1. Mix green acrylic paint with water to thin it.
2. Use a sponge brush to paint round wooden boxes. Let dry.
3. Download the labels and print onto plain paper or tea-dyed paper (directions in step 4) for an aged effect; cut out. Glue to box tops with glue stick.
4. Tea dyeing: If desired, take this extra step to make these labels look authentically old: Brew strong black tea; let cool. Pour it into a plastic bin. Soak uncoated 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper in the tea for 1 to 2 hours. Remove it, and let dry completely on paper towels. Print directly onto the dyed paper.