For these groupings of trailing sweet autumn clematis, passionflower vines, and figs, a row of cake stands and pedestal candleholders shielded by hurricane glasses lets the greenery flow.
Tools and Materials
- Flowering clematis and passionflower vines
- Fresh figs
- Ramekin (3 1/2 inches in diameter) for the base
- Ceramic cake stand (10 inches in diameter) for the base
- Floral wax
- Floral frog
Figs and Vines Centerpiece How-To
1. Using a dime-size ball of floral wax, attach a floral flog to the inside of the ramekin.
2. Using a pinch of floral wax, secure the bottom of the ramekin to the cake stand.
3. Fill ramekin with water, and insert small, flowering clematis and passionflower vines (2 to 3 of each) into frog. Wrap 1 or 2 vines around the ramekin to conceal it, and let the others trail off the stand.
4. Place fresh figs around the periphery.