These sweet citrus treats are presented in a fluted tart pan that's wrapped in glassine, tied with ribbon, and topped with a label that evokes old-fashioned dime-store packaging. A batch of each flavor will yield enough for one 7 7/8-inch tart pan, plus leftovers (for snacking).
Tools and Materials
- Candied Citrus Peels
- 7 7/8-inch tart pan (T200), from Kerekes, 800-525-5556 or bakedeco.com
- Similar glassine: German tissue paper in White (No. 737911), from Kate's Paperie, 800-809-9880
- Similar ribbon: 5/8-inch-wide imported chromspun grosgrain in Bright Red (No. 02215), from M&J Trimming, 800-965-8746
- Paper: 8 1/2-by-11-inch Premium Presentation Matte (S041257), from Epson.com
Packaging for Candied Citrus Peels How-To
1. Cut one 7 1/4-inch circle and one 16-inch circle from glassine. Place the smaller circle inside a 7 7/8-inch tart pan. Fill the pan to its rim with candied citrus peels.
2. Center the pan on the larger glassine circle. Fold the edges of the glassine over the candy in the pan at 1-inch intervals, gathering the glassine in the center to create pleats. Secure the pleats at center with clear tape as you work. After you finish, secure the glassine at center with more tape.
3. Cut a 40-inch length of grosgrain ribbon. Wrap ribbon around front of pan to back; twist, and bring ends around to front along other sides, creating an X shape. Knot at top to secure.
4. Using an ink-jet printer, print the clip-art label onto 8 1/2-by-11-inch heavyweight paper. Cut out label, and write a message if desired. Secure to pan with double-sided tape along edge.