The pattern for this bunny is more than one page. You can assemble the sheets by matching the number "1" in the circle on each page corner and then taping them together accordingly.
Tools and Materials
- 2 menswear fabrics (such as wool flannel and cotton shirting)
- Sewing machine and sewing supplies
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Bunny Template
Stuffed Menswear Bunny How-To
1. Sew arms and ears: print pattern pieces, and cut out. From wool flannel, cut out 2 body pieces, 4 arm pieces, and 2 ear pieces. Cut 2 more ear pieces from cotton shirting.
Pin 2 arm pieces together, right sides facing; stitch with a 1/4-inch seam allowance, leaving base open. Repeat for remaining 2 arm pieces and for ear pieces, using 1 wool piece and 1 shirting piece for each ear and leaving base open. Turn arms and ears right side out.
Press with iron so edges lie flat.
2. Sew body: pin body pieces together, right sides facing, below the neckline, leaving an opening for each arm: 1 inch on 1 side, 2 inches on the other (for adding fill later).
2. Sew lower portion of body (below neckline) with a 1/4-inch seam allowance; with scissors, notch area where legs meet. Fold in bottom corners of each ear so edges overlap slightly at the center of base; pin in place between body pieces, so ears are beneath head and their unsewn edges are flush with body's perimeter. Pin and sew around head.
3. Stuff and assemble bunny: turn body right side out. Stuff body and arms with fill, using the 2-inch opening for body. Hand-sew arms to body, and slip-stitch to close larger opening.
4. Add features: mark placement of eyes and nose with pins. Create each feature with embroidery floss and needle, using a single running stitch.