Tools and Materials
- Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers, if doing a white-on-dark transfer
- Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper, for basic transfer
- Natural-fiber (such as cotton)tote bags
- Lightweight natural fabric, such as cotton voile (for appliqued flowers)
- Scissors orcraft knife
- Ironed pillowcase
- Clip Art (see step 1)
Iron-On Monogram Tote with Petals How-To
1. Download letter and flower clip art, and print them onto transfer paper.
Monogram Clip Art
2. Using scissors or a craft knife, cut loosely around the designs, leaving an 1/8-inch border.
3. Lay an ironed pillowcase on a table or other hard, heat-resistant surface (not an ironing board, which has too much padding).
4. Place an ironed bag on pillowcase. Arrange cutout designs face-down on bag, avoiding seams or pockets. Iron letter onto a bag, and iron a sheet of flowers onto fabric.
5. Cut out 3 same-size flowers for each applique, snipping petals almost to center.
6. With a needle and yellow thread, tack on 1 flower: Bring needle up from inside bag, through flower's center, and back down; fold flower in half. Tack another flower onto bag, next to the first; fold in half. Repeat to tack on a third next to second, to create a ruffled effect.
7. Fold 3 flower cutouts in half, and stitch them together at centers to create 1 bloom. With thread, secure it to pin.