You don't need a French accent to perfect the classic, versatile crepe.
Tools and Materials
Basic Crepes How-To
1. Ladle the batter into a hot, lightly buttered nonstick skillet, turning and tilting it in a slow, circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
2. Wait until the edges start to turn golden brown, the top appears set, and pockets of air lift the center, and then run a spatula around the edge of the crepe to loosen.
3. Slip the spatula underneath, and in one swift gesture, lift and flip the crepe back into the pan.
4. If it doesn't land quite right, that's okay; use the spatula to unfold or rearrange it.
5. Cook until other side is golden brown, and then slide the crepe out of the skillet.