Poached Shrimp on Succotash
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 pound large shrimp (31 to 35), peeled
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 2 medium zucchini, diced medium
- Salt and pepper
Poach shrimp: In a medium pot, combine 6 cups water, Old Bay, and lemon; bring to a boil. Add shrimp and simmer until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, discard lemon, and transfer shrimp to a bowl.
To serve: Toss shrimp with vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoons oil. In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add green beans and cook until bright green, 4 minutes. Add corn and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Top with shrimp mixture, season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August July/August 2012