Zesty Pork Sandwiches
These sandwiches layer already-cooked pork and vegetables; just add arugula and a pre-made marinade.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2012
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- Reserved dressing from Grilled Steak and Vegetables
- 1 round loaf sourdough
- Reserved grilled vegetables Grilled Steak and Vegetables
- Reserved pork cutlets from Pork with Mozzarella and Tomato
- 2 ounces baby arugula (2 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into spears, for serving
Stir capers into dressing. Slice off top of bread and scoop out soft interior to create a hollow bread bowl. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing in bottom. Layer vegetables and pork in bread, drizzling 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing between layers. Add arugula and replace loaf top. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 1 day). Cut sandwich into wedges and serve with cucumber.