Source: Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound orzo
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- Reserved tomato mixture, roughly chopped
- 11 pork cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 3 ounces baby arugula (3 cups)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo according to package instructions; drain. Cover and refrigerate one-quarter for Corn Chowder with Zucchini and Orzo. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and saute until translucent, 5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until sauce thickens, 10 minutes.
Heat broiler. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season pork with salt and pepper, arrange on sheet, and broil 3 minutes. Remove sheet from broiler. Flip pork; top with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Broil until pork is cooked through, 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 3 cutlets for Zesty Pork Sandwiches.
Stir remaining 1/4 cup oil, lemon zest and juice, and arugula into remaining orzo and season with salt and pepper. Serve alongside pork.
Take a Shortcut
Save some pork and orzo for super-speedy dinners later in the week.