Broiled Fish with Summer Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 lemon sole or flounder fillets (1 3/4 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Heat broiler. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange sole on sheet, flipping to coat in oil; sprinkle with one-third the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining garlic, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate half the tomato mixture for Tuesday. Stir cucumber, corn, and lemon juice into remaining tomato mixture. Serve fish with salad.