Emeril's Grilled Chicken Thighs and Garden Salsa
The season's best veggies shine in a fresh salsa to serve on flavorful grilled chicken -- the perfect dish for an alfresco family dinner. Emeril says, "Summer never tasted so good!"
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced small
- 1 small zucchini, diced small
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
In a large zip-top bag, toss chicken with 1/2 cup oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, garlic, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight).
In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper, and chives. Let salsa sit at room temperature 2 hours (or refrigerate in an airtight container overnight; let come to room temperature before serving).
Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off any garlic. Season with salt and grill until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve topped with salsa.